Find Your One & Only Indian Mail Order Bride Online—Step-By-Step Guide
Here, you’ll find the top list of the best Indian dating sites. Thousands of Indian brides are waiting for you—so sign up right now and start chatting with them!
The Best Indian Mail Order Brides & Dating Sites In 2024
- Free trial before you purchase premium features
- Can easily switch from one member profile to another
- Elements are well-organized throughout the page
In 2019, 789 women from India got married to American citizens and entered the United States on a K-1 visa. This makes India one of the most popular Asian mail bride countries—and there is a good reason for that. Here, we’ll tell you a lot of useful and interesting facts about Indian females, about why Indian mail order brides search for Western husbands, and about how much it costs to get an Indian mail order wife.
Why choose Indian women for marriage?
Some men think that having an Indian wife means having an extremely shy and passive partner. The others think that these women are very modern and similar to American women when it comes to their views on family roles.
Neither of these is 100% true.
The point is, India is a huge country with more than 1,300,000,000 citizens, and we can’t just say that all Indian women are like this or like that. They are different— women from the biggest Indian cities obviously have modern views and often choose careers over the family while women from Northern India are generally more obedient and traditional. However, they all have something in common.
- Almost any Indian bride thinks that marriage is very important—according to some studies, 4 out of 5 urban Indian girls for marriage think so.
- Another cool thing about Indian ladies is their beauty—they are naturally attractive, they enjoy taking care of themselves, and they know how to look fashionable.
- Most Indian women are very loyal and they typically don’t even consider divorce as an option—India is the country with one of the lowest divorce rates in the world!
Why do Indian brides seek Western men?
The thing is, India isn’t the most comfortable country in the world for women. It’s a poor country with a high level of illiteracy, pollution, and domestic violence. It makes sense that Indian mail order brides want to live in a better place—but that’s not the only reason why they are searching for a Western man. Another major reason is that Indian wives believe that men from the US, UK, and Canada are very kind, respectful, and can make careful and attentive husbands.
How much does an Indian mail order bride cost?
Meeting an Indian woman for marriage won’t cost you that much:
- Most Indian bride websites cost around $50-$100 per month—it depends on the features and services you are going to use, of course, but you won’t have to pay more than $100 if you don’t spend hours in a video chat. It’s impossible to find a free and trustworthy Indian dating site, so we don’t recommend you save money at this stage.
- A flight from New York to New Delhi will cost you around $300-$500 which is also not that expensive for a journey that long.
- 1 week in India will cost you around $400-$600, but it also depends on a lot of factors e.g your travel style. If you’re going to stay at the 5-star hotels like the Leela Palace and eat at the restaurants like Wasabi By Morimoto in Mumbai, you’ll probably have to spend about $500 per day—but if that’s not your goal, $80-$100 for 1 day will be enough.
But that’s not all—when it comes to Indian brides, the largest spending is always the wedding budget. The point is, Indian weddings are always celebrated with fancy decorations and costumes, live music, dances, and rituals. It’s also about their celebrities who have extremely fancy weddings and about their culture, particularly Bollywood, which always shows weddings as very fancy, expensive, and glamorized events.
So, as you’ve probably guessed, you won’t be able to have a frugal wedding. Not in India.
The cost of a wedding in India ranges from 5 Lakhs to 5 crores, which means $7,000-$700,000—obviously, you won’t have to pay $700,000 for a wedding, but you also shouldn’t expect to spend $7,000 or even $10,000. The range of $15,000-$50,000 looks more reasonable and closer to reality, according to our experience and to what Indian people say. However, the price of the wedding isn’t the only thing you’ll have to pay for.
It’s also about the “bride price”—in India, lots of parents still think that the groom must pay to marry their daughter. The price can be anything from $500 to $5,000 or even higher than that. The only way you can avoid paying a dowry is finding a girl who won’t share these values—if your Indian girlfriend is a westernized modern thinker, you will most likely not need to pay to marry her.
Indian brides make great wives and mothers. They are beautiful, somewhat traditional, loyal, and (often) modern in their views. The only problem with them is the wedding cost—but you won’t necessarily have to pay a lot to marry an Indian girl.